Many times we face minor or major problems regarding our internet connectivity. Some of the most common problems are that of speed, page not found errors and slow response rate.
If you know the real cause of the problem then you can easily solve it yourself even if you are not a geek.
So first I will discuss how you can find out the reasons of your internet failure by yourself. Then I will discuss how to fix some of the most common internet problems the easy way.
[Don't miss: How To Increase Internet Speed]
It is too easy for anyone (even non geeks and tech guys) to perform a check-up of your internet connectivity. If you are using Windows XP, then you can find a network diagnostics tool in the Help and Support Center. Using the tool can give you a simple but clear idea of the reason behind the internet problem.
- Open Start Menu > Help and Support Center
- In the "Pick a task" menu select "Use tools to view your computer information and diagnose problems".
- In the left column, under the menu Tools, click on 'Network Diagnostics'. Then click on 'Scan your system'.
Solutions to Most Common Internet Connection Problems
1. Page not found 404 error
- Check the URL for any mistake.
- Try accessing the URL from any other device, if the site works fine, then there is a problem with your device only.
- Try clearing your browser's cache.
2. DNS lookup failed error
- Try clearing your DNS cache. Here is how: Go to Start > Run > cmd. Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.
- Try clearing your browser cache.
3. Slow response rate
- Clear browser cache and history
- Reset your router
- Unplug and re-plug your internet connection device.
- Free up some RAM so that more of it is available for internet use.
- Reduce the number of simultaneously open tabs in your browser.
4. Can't connect to the internet error
If you are facing any other problem and would like a solution for it, then feel free to comment and let me know. I will try to give you a solution as soon as possible.